It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
(male)

Prototypex85 HB User
A piece of my tonsil came loose.

I first noticed something in my throat a couple years ago, but was stupid and ignored it. I finally went to the doctor yesterday who looked at it and said I have something VERY rare which is a tonsil infection and a piece of the tonsil came loose. Apparently most people get it taken care of right away, and he actually was happy when I said he could take a picture of it. lol

But anyway, he told me to call an ENT and schedule an appointment which I can't do until tomorrow because of Memorial Day Weekend. Funny thing is, now suddenly I'm worried that it's going to come loose. It looks to be just hanging in there by a wire, and my main fear is that it will find its way down my throat and I'll choke on it, or that I'll choke on blood. I know it's silly to now start worrying now that I finally know what it is, but I'm worried that I'll call the ENT tomorrow and won't be able to get an appointment for a long time. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this issue (doctor said he couldn't even give me a number to tell me 1/?? people have this happen).

Also, if anyone is familiar with this will I have to get my whole tonsils removed? What is the procedure to get rid of this? Is it possible for the piece of tonsil to fall down my throat?

Closed Thread