It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #1
(male)

DeathStar HB User
Extreme sharp Pain--Left side of throat

I don't have any other symptoms but this sharp pain on the left side of my throat. When I press the left side of adam's apple, there's a "Click" sound. It's very painful now.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Extreme sharp Pain--Left side of throat

Funny you should mention that. I have the same thing on the left side. Except I don't have an Adams apple. I can't quite decribe this other than saying, most of the time I feel fine but sometimes it feels like there is a thickness inside on the left side and if I move or stretch my neck a certain way it can cause a shooting pain so severely. Its like something got caught in there or something. I have no idea how to explain it. I asked my doctor and she felt and checked my thyroid and its fine. So I can't figure it out. I hope something isn't growing in there. I am afraid to stretch my neck for fear that shoot pain will come back. I have push on it before and heard the popping sound. Have you figured yours out? Good luck!

Last edited by TEdds83; 06-08-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
(female)

Kirby2009 HB User

I have the same pain in the right side of my throat..Please let me know what you discover!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
(female)

Maneka5* HB User

Hi guys, Ive had this on and off for years. I usually get it on the left side too. Last time was after a bout of tonsillitis, which i treated myself with regular mouthwash. I get tonsillitis every time im run down or not sleeping properly. Anyway it had spread to the surrounding glands and cleared up after a course of antibiotics. Hope this helps.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #5
(male)

DeathStar HB User

Ugh, I just posted a long reply and it disappeared.

Anyway, the pain went away in a day.

Closed Thread