It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 AM   #1
(female)

afriendindeed HB Userafriendindeed HB User
ruptured eardrum - how to deal with

Went to visit my doctor today as as of last Saturday I have lost part of my hearing. This happened in a terrible way, the person I am living with had a major argument with me and it got physical. He hit me open handed over my left ear. I instantly felt like I was quite deaf. There was not a lot of pain which sounds weird except for the tears of shock. I feel like I am in a tunnel, I feared permanent hearing loss and already have slight hearing loss from childhood dramas in out of hospital with surgery to my ears, now this. I went to do a 10 minute do it yourself test today at a clinic and the result came back of course that I had hearing loss. I had my docotor's appointment shortly after. She said I have a severely ruptured ear drum with lots of blood. Basically she thinks there is nothing I can do about it but to wait for a while and go and have another hearing test in around 6 weeks.

I am having trouble hearing normal conversation and cannot hear properly on the phone on that ear. I have a job where I have to talk to customers and have just started.

I am angry with the person that did this to me and don't know what to do. For the ear condition, does anyone have any other recommendations, another doctor's opinion? She also said not to get any water into the ear for fear of infection.

Thanks guys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread