It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
(female)

stillbright HB User
Deviated septum surgery

Hi, as a toddler I smashed my nose on our marble fireplace and as a result, broke it and now have a deviated septum that is in an S-shape. I have 30% breathing on one side of my nose, and 50% on the other.

I have spoken to two surgeons about having my septum repaired, and having the bump that has formed on my bridge shaved down. I've heard depending how high up the septum is crooked, they may have to break and reset the nose.

Can anyone else share experiences with this surgery? What was the duration and afterward like? Did you see a difference in the appearance of your nose?

Thanks!

Bright

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Deviated septum surgery

Well, there are 2 ways of having this done. Plastic surgeons break it, reshape it,etc. The ENTs don't get that invasive as a rule and do more drilling out, moving the cartilege back in place, etc. I had an ENT do mine and was very happy with the results. (Till I broke it again 6 months later!) I didn't have a bump to shave off though so mine wasn't as mch work as you're needing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
(female)

withany HB User
Re: Deviated septum surgery

I had deviated septum surgery.
I noticed only a slight different in appearance afterwards.
The surgery itself was not very helpful in ending my sinus problems.
I think it helped a little, but don't expect a miracle.

Closed Thread