It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
(male)

surferdance1 HB User
red bump / lump behind ear (in crevice, size of rice grain)

I am seeking advice on what i should od next. I found a red bump / lump behind ear (in crevice, size of rice grain). Looks like zit or mosquito bump.

I have had dryness problems behind my ear but that problem is not happening right now.

I recently started wearing glasess and the arm of the glasses rests on this bump and it hurts. Could the new activity of wearing glasses cause this?

It started out very small and I kept touching it and it got bigger. I am trying neosporin and / or alcohol to see how it reacts.

It is red and waxy and really does look like a pimple but I need to use two mirrors just to get a look at it. It is located deep in the crevice where the back of my ear connects to the head/scalp. Officially it is located on the scalp but just by a millimeter.

Please help. Any advice would be appreciated. I have No insurance. I cannot imagine going to doctor for a zit if thats what it is. But its not where zits usually are and has not acted like a zit.

by the way, i have anxiety issues and take clonazepam for this. So i am used to hearing doctors tell me its nothing to worry about.

but this is a weird place for a red painful bump!

Last edited by surferdance1; 06-13-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread