It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
(male)

kieran83 HB User
Is this possible or normal for an Ear Infection??

I woke up on Saturday morning and my right Ear was swollen on the inner side and it hurt like i was punched there,well today i went Doctors to see what it was and he diagnosed me with an Ear Infection,he did not say what type of Infection but he only gave me some cream to put on it called Fucidin,but since earlier it seems the swelling as got bigger and it as or more a less feels it as blocked my Ear,so my question is-Is this normal for an Ear Infection or could it be something more worse,some symptoms i have is like itchy,hurt when i move my Ear or move my Jaw,also a bit of pain but not real bad but noticeable to make me know if that makes sense,
I be more than grateful for anymore information regarding this,thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
(female)

swimmer17 HB User
Re: Is this possible or normal for an Ear Infection??

I have had many ear infections. I am not a doctor so you can trust my advice or not. It is normal to have that swollen feeling and the itchiness, pain, especially when you move your jaw or ear. That is going to hurt quite bad. All the symptoms you are describing sound like the typical ear infection. Hopefully that can ease your mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer17 View Post
I have had many ear infections. I am not a doctor so you can trust my advice or not. It is normal to have that swollen feeling and the itchiness, pain, especially when you move your jaw or ear. That is going to hurt quite bad. All the symptoms you are describing sound like the typical ear infection. Hopefully that can ease your mind.
Well i hope you dont think i am being funny but i meant it`s actually is swollen its like i have cotton wool stuck in there and your right about how it hurts when i move my Jaw or Ear,any idea how long the swelling may last??
But other than that thank you so much for your reply and i hope your well.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
(female)

swimmer17 HB User

The swelling could probably last anywhere from 2 days to the full cycle of antibiotics. It depends on the person. It should go away in a few days though at the most. And you should definitely use ice on your ear or a warm compress. Whichever feels good to you. I personally don't like the heat at all. It makes mine feel worse. And with the swelling it might not feel that good to put warmth on it. But try it out and see what helps you most. And thank you for the well wishes. My ears aren't giving me much trouble lately. I am getting my tonsils out in 3 days though. I get earaches from my tonsils but that will hopefully clear up after I get them out.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
The swelling could probably last anywhere from 2 days to the full cycle of antibiotics. It depends on the person. It should go away in a few days though at the most. And you should definitely use ice on your ear or a warm compress. Whichever feels good to you. I personally don't like the heat at all. It makes mine feel worse. And with the swelling it might not feel that good to put warmth on it. But try it out and see what helps you most. And thank you for the well wishes. My ears aren't giving me much trouble lately. I am getting my tonsils out in 3 days though. I get earaches from my tonsils but that will hopefully clear up after I get them out.
Well now as i type this it`s more painful but also very itchy,and it feels like it`s gonna burst so i am sitting with my head leaning to the right,lol,and i am setting with a radiator behind me so that warmth my of helped or i at least hope so,and your very welcome for my well wishes as you have helped me by replying and understanding i guess,i am sorry to hear your having your Tonsils out but if it`s to make you feel better i guess it`s more than worth it,but your brave if i was told if i had to have an op or anything like that i think i be crying with fear as i always think of the worst,well i guess you be ok and best of luck to you and i wish you a speedy recovery.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
(female)

swimmer17 HB User

sorry to hear your in so much pain. hopefully in a few days you will have some relief. I hope i have a speedy recovery too. And trust me, I am plenty scared. lol.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #7
(male)

kieran83 HB User

Quote:
sorry to hear your in so much pain. hopefully in a few days you will have some relief. I hope i have a speedy recovery too. And trust me, I am plenty scared. lol.
Well i was up all night with the pain plus it travelled to my neck so this morning i booked a new appointment with the Doctor and he said it`s getting worse so he gave some some antibiotics called Flucloxacillin Tablets,and i bathed the swelling with some cotton wool and luke warm water and it seems the swelling as gone down a bit but it as started to weep,the bit i cant understand after thinking about it is why would Doctor give someone cream where there is swelling knowing it could swell more and end up getting lodged,so would not that make it worst??i would have gave the tablets and cream and said take the tablets till they are finished and then apply the cream on there if it aint weeping to stop the infection if it still remains in the skin of the ear due to the weeping,so much for Doctors i guess,but i will say they are not all the same right??and i would not be scared i be petrified,lol,i hope all goes well for you though and have a life without more sore throats etc

Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
(female)

swimmer17 HB User

Thank you, and i'm glad they gave you some better medication. Hopefully that clears it right up.

Closed Thread