It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

There is light HB User
Tonsillectomy Bleeding at Day 10!! Help!`

I woke up this morning drowning in my own blood. When I sat up my nose was also bleeding like a faucet, so I couldn't tell if my nose was actually bleeding or my tonsillectomy (also had a septoplasty).

There was a ton of blood dripping out of my nose and down my throat. I don't know how long it was bleeding for but it started to make me sick. I instantly went to my ice chest to make some ice water to gargle with. I had my fiance call my doctor and he said that it was probably my throat that was bleeding and to gargle with ice water for 15 minutes and if the bleeding didn't stop to call him. I did that and the bleeding stopped but I am sooo scared that it is going to happen again, since I live an hour away from the nearest hosipital.

Does anyone know if this is something that is likely to happen again and if the gargling water doesn't help, tips for my hour drive to the ER if necessary?

Please let me know, I am so scared and tired of this whole journey.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
(female)

queentater HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy Bleeding at Day 10!! Help!`

From my knowledge gargling makes it worse. Please if it contines make the trip to the ER.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
(female)

queentater HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy Bleeding at Day 10!! Help!`

Staying Hydrated and not eating hard or brittle foods should keep from causing bleeding

Closed Thread