It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

wallaj HB User
made it!

Hi everyone, I've posted several times before my tonsillectomy out of sheer fear and panic. I'm 11 days out, and so relieved to have it done! I've been coughing some, and know that 14 days is 'home free', but am so glad it's over. I'm 57 and was really dreading it. But if I can do it, anyone can. Just keep clicking off each day and think about how much better you'll eventually(haven't quite gotten there yet) will feel. I basically lived on percocet for about a week. I'd wake up long enough to rehydrate, take a pill, and then when it kicked in, I'd drink water like mad and eat something until the semiconcious would once again hit.I've also kept ice bags(the kind of sling that you get for ice bags when you have your wisdom teeth cut out)and kept a humidifier going. Each day seems to be a little better, I'm ready for Day 14 to be here. I know that's when you know there is no more risk of bleeding. My son had his out at 25, and we had the wonderful rush to the er for rebleeding and more surgery. Guess, that's why I'm still nervous. Anyhow, I was just hoping to encourage someone who's considering it. I've fretted over doing it for years, and finally promised myself after strep last winter that lasted 4 months, that they were coming out. Hope this helps anyone who is considering it.Tonsill free at last, YEA! WallaJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
(female)

wallaj HB User
Re: made it!

Hi everyone, just wanted to update. Day 13. I'm almost there. I saw my ent for thrush yesterday. She said my throat tissues were looking good, but reemphasized the possibility of rebleeding until after day 14. I was hoping it was probably over. So, just a few more days. My throat is sore, but I've been medicine free for days and am feeling much better. I can't wait to finally be through. If this reduces my constant strep, it will be so worth it. Thanks, wallaj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: made it!

Congrats for making it thru....You will be glad!

Closed Thread