It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
(female)

timidlittlegirl HB User
Question Asymmetric Tonsils, Shortness Of Breath, And A Few Tiny Red Bumps.

I don't know if any of them are caused by the same thing.

I've had shortness of breath for maybe a year and a half, and I noticed one tonsil was larger than the other only a few months ago.

I am not very sexually active. I've only had one partner, I haven't had sex since February 28th, and my partner tested clean(though, he's been with multiple girls).

I've gotten tested as well. Twice. A few days after having sex with him, and then two months afterward. I tested clean both times. It's been about four months, and I'm ready to test once more. Gotta make sure I don't have HIV/AIDS. (I'm really paranoid that I might pass something to a future partner.)

I noticed the asymmetry of my tonsils after getting tonsillitis of some sort(my left tonsil was swollen and it had some clearish-gray bubbles on it), and I was given antibiotics for it. The bacterial bubbles went away, but the swollen tonsil remained.

I don't know how long my tonsil's been enlarged, but I only noticed it when I got tonsillitis. I suspect the swollen tonsil might be responsible for my shortness of breath, but I'm still completely unsure.

The tonsillitis probably came from my partner. He claimed to have had chronic tonsillitis since he was a child. Curiously, I got it a few days after having oral sex with him. I hope it wasn't because of oral sex.

The tiny, red bumps showed up about a week ago. They formed in spaced-out, vertical clusters--on my upper-inner thigh, mid-inner thigh, and on the side of my hip. I have none on my groin. They look like a combination of goose bumps and ingrown hairs. About the same size, too. They're NOT itchy, and they bleed if I scratch them off.

I've been wearing the same pants all all week since I've been stranded at my friend's house with an insufficient amount of clothing. I don't like to worry myself, so I've been telling myself that the dots are due to recycling clothing, hyperhidrosis, and the friction and tightness of my jeans.

It might not be that simple. It could be a rash associated with lymphoma. I just don't know. (Though, I do believe I'm a hypochondriac.)

):

Does anyone know what it could be?
Have any of you experienced something similar?
Do you guys think these conditions are linked?

Last edited by timidlittlegirl; 06-22-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
(female)

timidlittlegirl HB User
Re: Asymmetric Tonsils, Shortness Of Breath, And A Few Tiny Red Bumps.

Also, do you think I should get a tonsillectomy?

Closed Thread