It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

xoxoLife HB User
Throat feels fine in morning then tightens or lump feeling as day goes on

I am so frusted because I've been to 2 doctors and they can't find anything wrong! My ultrasound is normal and I had this long thin tube like instrument that goes down the nose to throat used on me but again, can't see anything out of ordinary. Basically my throat feels like it is closing up and other times, there is this lump sensation (similar to when you swallow a pill and it gets stuck) but I can breath/swallow fine in both cases and I'm not in any pain. The strangest part is when I wake up things are fine but gets worse as the day goes on!

I have tried taking Reactine (allergy med) for 3-4 days but no change. Also been prescribed Ran-Pantoprazole for acid reflux (though I don't have any burning sensations) and took that for a week but no change either.

I'm a 30 y/o healthy female that does not smoke or drink excessive alcohol/caffein so can't figure why it hasn't gone away for over 3 months now!

Old 07-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
(male)

pauld123 HB User
Re: Throat feels fine in morning then tightens or lump feeling as day goes on

This maybe something to consider.... you may be under stress and this might be part of a slight panic disorder....notice early in the day its not too bad...then as you work and run into stress the throat tightens....I think a trip to the psyhcologist might at least rule this out.....assuming the regular doctors did their job and you are not suffering any other type of condition. Hope this helps a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
(female)

lissette928 HB User

Hi xoxoLife, I wanted to know if your symptoms got any better. I googled my symptoms and found you. I hope you are now fine or at least if you could share some insight as to what you found works or doesn't. Really hope I hear back from you. Thank you so much!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
(female)

xoxoLife HB User

Yes, I've recovered 100% but it took quite a while (about 8 months). I tried a few other remedies, got more tests done but nothing helped and results came back normal so I finally accepted that it was probably anxiety. I worked on keeping calm, went to yoga, drank a lot of healthy herbal teas and eventually it went away.

In my research I also discovered the term "cricopharyngeal spasm" which describes many of the symptoms I had. You may want to google it and see if that pertains to you. Good luck!

Old 03-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
(female)

lissette928 HB User

Thank you for responding so quickly. I find that in the evenings it is worse and hope it goes away also. I am now detoxing and trying to find peace in my life. I really hope that helps. Still running tests just in case, but so far, nothing really explains what is going on. I do notice if I eat too much, which I try not to, I feel most uncomfortable. Glad you are back to 100%. It is truly a relief to hear that.

Closed Thread