It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
(male)

theycallmej HB User
Odd ear problem (for the last week and 1/2)

Hey guys

I've come up with an odd ear problem and it just seems to be staying the same. I can't seem to get rid of this and it's been going on for the last week and 1/2. If anyone could list their opinion, please do so.

I had been swimming before the ear problem came into play and I had also seam sealed a tent using clear silicone caulk and mineral spirits. I'm not sure if either of these resulted in the ear problem or not, but that's the best I can say about what I was up to before it happened.

I have had a feeling of pressure within the ear, slight loss in hearing, a pulsating noise (my heart beat can be heard in my ear), a feeling of slight pain when I burp, and the ear has been very difficult to push air through when I do the valsalva technique in order to try to clear it (diver's use this when they swim underwater-- I've been doing it while swimming).

I can't seem to pinpoint what the problem is-- I'm trying something to drain my sinuses that was OTC and it seems to be causing mucus to come down my throat quite a bit, it feels a little thicker than usual. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong though.

Closed Thread