It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
(female)

Awand HB User
Is it REALLY Meniere's Disease

The mid part of May I woke one morning with a sound in my left ear that sounded like a breeze blowing. I had an appt. with my family Dr. on the 17th of May and he said my ear looked a bit inflammed, so he put me on Amoxcillian. I took it for three days and woke up on the third day with a terrible case of vertigo. I went back to sleep and the vertigo subsided. However, later in the evening I developed the vertigo again. The following day I made an appt. with an ENT. He gave me a hearing test and said that due to a viral infection my low sounds were affected. He prescribed a pack of Predisone for six days. After just a few doses the sound in my ear stopped and I felt very well. When I returned to the ENT he was pleased with my hearing test and said I had impecable hearing. However, around the 19th of June the "breeze" began again. I returned to the ENT who did another hearing test, he said that my hearing test was not as bad as the first, but that I was still in the low area. He gave me water pills and more Predisone, which made me sick at my stomach. I took a 690 mile trip after taking only nine pills of the Predisone and felt much better without them. The ENT diagnosed me with Meinere's Disease. I do not believe I have it and neither does my family physician...so if I don't, the ENT has wrecked my life for the last few weeks. I do not have episodes of vertigo, nor do I feel bad. My ear is plugged and I have the sound, but that is all the symptoms I have. If any of you have any suggestions, or has had the same symptoms please let me know.

Is it just easy for an ENt to diagnose everyone with Meinere's that has ear problems?

Thank you and God bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread