It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
(female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
Question Chronic loud ear ringing...what can be done?

So I've had ringing in my ears for years and never really saw any problem with it until about the last year. I've developed vertigo that comes and goes along with it. I've been told by one doctor it could be Meniere's but wasn't really offered any treatment except taking some Dramamine when the dizziness is at its worst, which only helps a little.

The ringing more recently has gotten so loud it overpowers a lot of sounds I hear throughout the day. It also at times nearly drives me mad....I try to do anything I can to distract myself from it. I try to make sure there is always some sort of noise around me, but lately even that isn't distracting me very well from the loud ringing. I do notice I'm not hearing as well as I used to either. I'm assuming it has something to do with the ringing.

What can be done for this? I'm terrified of ear surgery after seeing what my father went through for similar problems, so I'm hoping there may be other treatment? If surgery is the only way then I guess I need to know what to expect.

Thanks!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Right ear feels plugged and loud ringing lavrentis Hearing Disorders 2 08-14-2010 08:57 AM
Very loud ear ringing after stapedectomy... sayberk Hearing Disorders 10 10-23-2009 08:49 AM
Stapedectomy no loud voices or noise 5 days feast Hearing Disorders 24 10-11-2009 05:51 AM
Chronic Dizziness since Oct/08 and Normal ENG?? HELP popstarrdiva Inner Ear Disorders 2 05-16-2009 09:02 AM
Loud noises cause ear to sound like a broken radio mark1975 Hearing Disorders 10 09-09-2008 06:03 PM