It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

kellysmum HB User
Lose voice by end of day

About a month ago, I started having more mucus going down the back of throat and collecting on my vocal cords and at the base of my throat. I started having to constantly clear my throat or cough. And my voice started getting weaker. Then one day I woke up and had completely lost my voice. I went to the dr. and he said I had a sinus infection and put me on antibiotics for two weeks. My voice came back, but I still have the drainage and coughing problems and clear my throat all day. When I do cough anything up, it's clear. And by the end of the day, my throat is hoarse and my voice is almost gone. Then I sleep and it comes back for awhile the next day until I lose it again. I have been to the ENT and he says it's allergies or acid reflux (I take Prilosec, so I know it's not that.)

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

BTW, I also take Advair for severe asthma and Nasonex nasal spray and Singulair and Xyzal (antihistamine).

Somebody please answer.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Lose voice by end of day

Perhaps try a decongestant to dry up the PND???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread