It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
(male)

basraa HB User
Question my nose is getting worse

hi, could any one please help me,i have this big red lump up my left nostrail,it is attached to the bone that seperates both sides of the nose.and its growing ,its making my nose lean to one side now,and im getting really scared
when i put my finger up my nose,its like its deformed.i carnt breath through it at all,does any one have the same problem if so could you please tell me thankyou.ps there is no pain at all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
(female)

ST22 HB User
Re: my nose is getting worse

well it sounds like you need a rhinoplasty....if it is causing you some serious discomfort. have you seen a a plastic surgeon?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

It sure sounds like an infection to me. If so, the longer that you let it go, and not seek an antibiotic and medical help, the worse it will get.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Old 07-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
(female)

ST22 HB User

I typed the wrong surgery in my earlier post...I meant to say septoplasty. Depending on your problem they may have to go in a repair your septum (the part that attaches your nostrils in the middle). You really need to get into a doctor and see if there is an infection and get that under control to really see what is going on. In the meantime it might help if at night you use some breathe right strips.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
(male)

basraa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST22 View Post
well it sounds like you need a rhinoplasty....if it is causing you some serious discomfort. have you seen a a plastic surgeon?
thanks for your reply i no i need 2 see a doctor but im really scared there going to say i have cancer?thats why im asking if any one has been suffering with the same problem, before i go to the doctors,to put me at ease

Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User

Sounds just like a nasal polyp to me. They are benign growths, usually a reaction from an allergy. If it's a polyp, the chances of it being cancerous are negligible. Also, if it IS cancer you want it treated before it gets worse, right? Go to an ear, nose and throat
doctor and have it examined.

Closed Thread