It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

Abrie79 HB User
Question hard lumps right at the start of throat....

Sometimes painful when swallowing. Before this, i had only one lump and it was biopsied, the ENT said it was a benign growth. He didn't know much b/c he ha dnothing to say about what it could be or what caused it. This was in february. It is now almost 6 months later and i have more bumps and one that is sort of like a sore. I went to my doctor and he told me it wasn't cancer , but i had many ulcers. Well, i researched to find out that cancer can be hidden in ulcers....and often are. I now have to wait till monday for another ENT for a second opinion. I am deeply frightened as i am only 31 and so much more i need to accomplish and do. I was always a hypochondriac and now i feel that i willed this to happen. I so beside myself and i just need to know if anyone has had this type of experience and if so, was it bad or good? Multiple hard bumps...i cant see anything good coming from that. Aren't ulcers softer to the touch? The previous ENT had a very hard time snipping any of it off to get a biopsy. [I] have major sinus issues so he couldn't get a scope through my nose to my throat, he numbed me , but it was too painful even after that. However, I have had an endoscopy about 6 months ago for acid reflux and cancer runs in my family. That came out clear aside from inflammation. sigh. Life is too short. Also, i had recently had a cancer screening at the dentist , but i don't know how far back that reaches....

Last edited by Abrie79; 07-28-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
(female)

Abrie79 HB User
Re: hard lumps right at the start of throat....

so, do people just not reply b/c they are afraid to tell me what it could be...

Closed Thread