It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
(female)

lucybooz HB User
thought it would go away by itself

i work in a restaurant. during the day they don't have anyone doing the dishes so they pile up lots. i went in the dish room to get rid of some silverware and there was a high stack of saucers that were kind of leaning. i didn't touch the stack of dishes but when i threw the silverware into the container, it must have been just enough to cause the saucers to crash to the floor. when they did i was standing right by them and the noise they made was horrible - there must have been 20+ saucers that fell and broke on the floor. my ears started ringing. the entire night i had ringing especially when i spoke. this was last wednesday. i really thought it would get better as the days went on but in all honesty the feeling in my ears - especially the left one is really causing me concern. i constantly feel like when you go up a mountain and have to yawn to open your ears. when i talk it feels really wierd in my ears - again especially the left one. even sitting here in a quiet room typing this, my ears have a constant whooshing sound....really annoying actually. there is no pain involved.

my question is this: may sound dumb but for hearing problems what kind of doctor should i go to (and i really think i need to be checked). are there doctors for hearing problems or just general ear problems.

please help me out here.

lucy

Old 07-31-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: thought it would go away by itself

An ENT (Ear, nose & throat) doctor would be appropriate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread