It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
(male)

windycityboy HB User
Problems with throat, nose, & stomach.

Ever since i was 11 I've had this problem. During the day i may be fine but when it comes to laying down and trying to go to sleep my stomach always hurts and i have to burp and get up from my bed. My throat always during anytime of the day especially in the morning hurts, it feel if i have a soar throat but i know i don't because this has been happening to me since i was 11. My nose is another thing that bothers me i can never breath correctly my nostrils alternate between one or the other when i breath so i cant never go through a whole week with breathing through both nostrils. I think all this is out of the order nary and cant find no answer. The strangest of things is that i can put my index finger and my thumb in my throat, kinda like choking myself and get a at least 5 second high.. yes! a high like smoking marijuana. I don't know whats the problem with me all this started happening after i got sick when i was 11 i went to the hospital and they gave me pills to take. I had never taken pills in my life before that day so i couldn't swallow the whole thing, so i would break it and drink the powder inside of it with water.

If anyone can help me with this issue please help me. I am going to be 16 this November and Ive gone to the doctor plenty of times for checkups but they never tell me i have anything wrong in where i am experiencing these problems. I believe i have some kind of disease but i don't know much about that so i wouldn't know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
(female)

choirgirl HB Userchoirgirl HB Userchoirgirl HB User
Re: Problems with throat, nose, & stomach.

I'm not a burper, so I don't know if I can help with that one. Maybe you have acid reflux. Try elevating the head of your bed.

If you breathe through your mouth when you're asleep, that can cause a sore throat.

As for breathing through only one nostril at a time, my guess is that you have a deviated septum. That's the thing in your nose that separates your nostrils. I'm 58 and have no memory of being able to breathe through both nostrils at the same time until a year ago when I had my septum straightened, along with some other nasal/sinus procedures.

As for the 5 second high...JUST DON'T DO IT!!! End of "problem"! My guess is that you might be cutting off some blood circulation when you do this, causing the "high" feeling.

I don't really think you have a disease. I just think you're a 15 year old young man with things going on that you don't think should be going on. If you still have concerns, see an otolaryngologist, more commonly known as an ear, nose, and throat doctor (ENT).

Closed Thread