It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
(male)

View HB User
Rigning in ears, odd feeling

So ever since I came back from a music event a week ago, I've had this rigning in my left ear (which seems to sometimes change intensity), most likely due to loud noise. However, I have had problems with my ears in the past which resulted in an operation to have grommets fitted. Back then I used to get a lot of ear infections and fluid build up which I could feel moving around when I moved my head side to side. This right now feels overly similar, except I can't feel the fluid move around. I can feel preasure and tightness in my left and right ear, it also feels very warm inside. Could the ringing be due to the pressure and not damage from the noise? My left ear is ringing, it's also the ear that feels the most "full." My right ear feels weird also but there's no ringing and I can feel a lot more air coming through that side.

Any input is appreciated. I'm worried I've done permanent damage but curious to get people's opinions on this pressure in my ears and whether it could be the cause of the current problem.

Last edited by View; 08-10-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User
Re: Rigning in ears, odd feeling

Have you tried Lipo-Flavonoid for your ears? My ENT recommended them to me and it had helped with the pressure and ringing in my ears. He said he uses it and now that I have, I highly recommend it too! It's worth a try! (found in the supplement section in the stores)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
(male)

robsv1 HB User

I didn't see anything about going to an audiologist for a checkup. That's what I'd do.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
(male)

View HB User

Well I went to the GP and he suggested waiting a week or two to see if it clears up on it's own. I went back today to talk about the ear ache and he said my ear drums were pink but didn't look too bad, however I discussed with him my previous history with ear infections and he prescribed me a course of Amoxicillin.

I'm pretty certain there's something in my ears causing the problem (my left ear particularly), two days ago for whatever reason the ringing got worse, about twice as worse. It lasted for two days buzzing away but for whatever reason I woke up this morning and the buzzing had gone, it went back to the light humming I was experiencing previously.

The reason I believe this is because my left ear, the ringing ear, actually feels different to the right ear. My hearing appears to be fine, however they're both a bit achey and the left feels less ventilated (more "blocked") than the right, which I'm assuming is causing the slight loss of clarity in my left ear.

I was exposed to loud noise and my ears were ringing from it, but I'm not so convinced that the ringing I'm experiencing now a week and a half later is down to the same thing. What do you think?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User

I wasted over 2 weeks with my PCP, took 2 rounds of antibotics with no results.. I know yours and mine is a totally different situation but I strongly urge you to go see a ENT NOW! Don't waste time on a PCP.. Continue on with the antibotics but still go see a ENT. I wish I had went sooner... Pick up the phone and start calling..

Old 08-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
(male)

robsv1 HB User

A lot of us have TINNitus -noise in the ears. It comes and goes, or sometimes just is there all the time. Oliver Sacks wrote about it in his book "Musicophelia." I have tinnitus now and then, very high-pitched in one ear, low rumbling in the other. Sometimes I can shake it off by shaking my head violently (may not be the best thing to do). Loud music, motorcycle noise, etc...can leave one with temporary hearing damage. When I go to the movies now, I wear ear protection (same one I use with the lawnmower) during the loud parts.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
(male)

View HB User

I understand the ergency to see an ENT, especially after my previous history with ear problems, but unfortunately there's no walk in center for the ENT here, you can only see them with a refferal from your doctor. I'm seeing a different doctor on monday so hopefully they'll give me the refferal, if not I'm going to insist on it untill they give me it.

Closed Thread