It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
(male)

bigwhitedragon HB User
sore throat!

about 1cm down from my adams apple, and flutuating towards bottom of throat.

Singing for more than a few seconds causes me pain

Talking for a long time does, too.

Seen 3 different ENT's (Taiwan, New Zealand, China), done a laryngoscopy, tried speech therapy, seen 2 Chinese medicine doctors, tried Chinese medicine and acupuncture. Also tried antibiotics and painkillers.

Nothing works!!!

The peturbingly frustrating thing is that I have an old injury on the left upper back which feels ("nervy") which when irritated reduces the pain occuring in my throat. Could there be a connection?

A couple of dotors say it is in the head. Really? I desperately want to sing, but the bloody pain is preventing me.

Any ideas... I'm given to writing classical music now, because singing is painful.

Maybe prayer? Haven't tried a priest yet (lol) but seriously, could it be demonic possession (because science hasn't offered a solution, and it may be mental/spiritual)? No joking.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
(male)

BadThroat101 HB User
Re: sore throat!

Hello...

Sounds similar to what I have: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=763890

Also looking for the answer, I actually have struggled with back pain myself this year, not sure if that is connected.

Tried everything, nothing worked and I really need to speak as I speak for a living.

Let me know how it goes for you,

Steve

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
(male)

bigwhitedragon HB User

Hi, Steve. Thanks for the reply. We share a similar frustration.

Recently I've been doing some yoga, and arching the head back temporarily relieves some throat discomfort, but it is short lived.

I will keep in touch with you about any info I have. Better to face this living nightmare together.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

have you looked into acid reflux? it could be the foods you are eating.

Closed Thread