It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

Rebecca22 HB User
Swollen tonsil for over 3 months

I am 26 female.. I have had my right tonsil touching my uvula for at least three months straight... I have, as long as I can remember, had problems with the right side getting huge.. But it has never lasted this long... I feel sick and my throat hurts all the time.. (it makes me grumpy because I'm always in pain) it hurt to swallow, and hinders good breathing.. I snore, and sometimes have really hard time sleeping because of the breathing/ pain..

I keep throat spray by my bed at night... And cough drops in my purse just for soothing...I have been so used to my throat swelling so much that I didn't think anything at first... But this has just been way too long.. I can't figure out what it could be... My breath is good, so that ruled out a few things I looked up... Rebecca

Old 08-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
(female)

choirgirl HB Userchoirgirl HB Userchoirgirl HB User
Re: Swollen tonsil for over 3 months

I also had asymetrical tonsils. I had a tonsillectomy on July 23. As it turned out, my right tonsil was 10 times bigger than my left. Tests showed that the big tonsil contained sulfur crystals, which my ENT said are caused by bacteria. Unlike your situation, I wasn't sick and I didn't have a sore throat...just a big tonsil. Because of a family history of various types of unrelated cancers, I wanted it out of there, just in case. Thankfully, it had the sulfur crystals in it instead of being malignant. I'm glad I had the surgery. Now I won't be worrying and wondering what's wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread