It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

ale0 HB User
earache

One of my ears has a slight pain that fades off and on. Sometimes the other ear experiences the same but a lot milder and less frequent. There's also this mild burning sensation that seems to follow the pain and then fades completely . This started a couple of months ago for a week or so and then when i was thinking about going to the doctor, it vanished. Now it came back two days ago and I can go for long hours w/o any sensations until it returns and lasts for some hours. The pain feels like something just hurt my ear and it's going to ache a lot and then, fades.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
(female)

angelee12 HB User
Re: earache

I have the same problem. I went for asthma check up 2 weeks ago. Dr. said I had fluid on my eardrums and to take a decongestant and it would clear up. It's been 2 weeks now and not getting better, actually hurts more. I called today she said treat allergies more aggressively 9whatever that means)and if it doesn't clear up will need to see ENT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User
Re: earache

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale0 View Post
One of my ears has a slight pain that fades off and on. Sometimes the other ear experiences the same but a lot milder and less frequent. There's also this mild burning sensation that seems to follow the pain and then fades completely . This started a couple of months ago for a week or so and then when i was thinking about going to the doctor, it vanished. Now it came back two days ago and I can go for long hours w/o any sensations until it returns and lasts for some hours. The pain feels like something just hurt my ear and it's going to ache a lot and then, fades.
I've experienced this occasionally and have found something that helps. It's a homeopathic remedy put out by hylands, and it's called earache tabs. I don't take as much as is recommended as I'm a lightweight, but it makes me sleepy, so I take them at night.

One thing it did was bring up a bunch of wax from one of my ears, which could have been the cause.

Good luck!!

Closed Thread