It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
(female)

suchitagrd HB User
ear blockage from inside due to cold

My ear has got blocked from inside due to cold n cough.I consulted to a DR. she told me that it has blocked from inside so nothing can be done from outside she suggested me to take medicine for 5 days then i shd meet her.I m worried if this will become a serious problem for me,Should i try some home remedy,please suggest it is blocked from one week.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
(female)

Jrobaby HB User
Re: ear blockage from inside due to cold

My ear is a bit blocked right now as well. They gave me a 10 day course of antibiotics to help clear the infection. If you have gone in and seen the doctor though, I'm sure she would have noticed if you had an infection and would have given you something. My doctor told me I had to basically wait it out as far as the blockage. One thing that helped me a bit as far as home remedys--
Get a cup and put a little bit of hot water in it, then put some paper towels at the bottom of the cup so that they are completely soaked, but also so that there is no left over water that will pour out if you tip the cup, (so add more hot water or paper towels as needed). Then put the cup up to your ear and cover it, (this is why you dont want extra water- make sure no water gets into your ear.) The steam may help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread