It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
(male)

irie134 HB User
Post tonsil stones? im anxious..

hi, im 24. i think i have tonsil stones. i can see them and they are like white yellowish ball shape or like a white yellowish pimple. i also i have dry throat. the thing is, i cant pop it or burst it. every time i use a q-tip it feels like its hard to pop. i think i had them for about almost a month now. is that n0rmal for the tonsil stone from being hard to dislodge or pop out? if it is, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO POP OUT? ive try gargling with salt, using qtips to dislodge it. but im kind of scared putting some force on it when i try popping it out. i know its a tonsil stone because ive seen pictures. and i have no other symptoms.I only have dry throat sometimes. i also dont think i have bad breath for now.. somebody help.. please.. i would appreciate any answer. it would really help me.

P.S. I also read a few threads here that it took them 2 years for the stone to come out. hope some one could relate with me. tnx alot again.

Last edited by irie134; 09-06-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: tonsil stones? im anxious..

I actually had better luck dislodging with my finger. More control. You could also try using an oral syringe and squirt salt water back there. I know some people use a waterpik too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
(male)

irie134 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
I actually had better luck dislodging with my finger. More control. You could also try using an oral syringe and squirt salt water back there. I know some people use a waterpik too.
thanks for the reply.. i appreciate it.. how long did you have the tonsil stone before you bust it out? did it look like a yellowish white pimple also? thanks anyway...

Old 09-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I always seemed to have tonsil stones, but when they'd start to jut out and I could feel them in the back of my throat, then I'd work at removing them. They were yellow, white, greenish-white, sometimes they'd have a little rust color to them which I assume was probably dried blood. they kinda resembled little tiny pieces of cauliflower and smelled dreadful.

I finally had a tonsilectomy at age 35.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:46 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User

I was about 10 or 12 years old (LONG time ago) in the bathroom brushing my teeth, when all of a sudden I coughed pretty hard, and this strange, white semi-hard "thing" flew out of my mouth. GROSS. Picked it up, and the stench was overwhelming. I can still smell it today. Never told anyone - too weird. Thank God it never happened again.

Closed Thread