It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

puittinen30 HB User
Swollen lymph nodes on my right side of neck

For the last 2 months i have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck went to the doctors twice once they did a mono test and strep throat test all came back negative but they still have me antibotics.. THe lymph nodes were still swollen so went back a week later they did a chest xray said everything was fine it was probaly viral infection and to wait now it has been 3 weeks atfter that so now 3 months that i have noticed i have had this and they are still swollen and sometimes have a earache in both ears... Does anyone have any clue on what this can be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
(male)

nate911 HB User
Re: Swollen lymph nodes on my right side of neck

If you're having pain in your ears it sounds like there is some sort of infection going on (could by viral or bacterial). This would explain the swollen lymph nodes. Also, even if you have gotten rid of an infection, your nodes can remain swollen for some time after. So if you feel fine otherwise, and the doctors didn't seem worried, then I'd give it more time... to see if they begin to shrink. However, if you're having pain in your ears, a fever, congestion, etc... then go back to the doctor. If it's bacterial an antibiotic will help. If it's viral then you'll just have to wait it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2012, 03:59 AM   #3
(female)

mariecarla60 HB User
Re: Swollen lymph nodes on my right side of neck

I do have swollen lymph node below my jaw and ear. it just suddenly appear, i believe i am hypochondriac.. i do have flu, Phlegm on my throat, right sinus, tmj, teeth clenching.. do you think these are the cause of the swollen lymph node? it not that big maybe less 1 cm and a bit painful, i can't move it because it us under my muscle..

Closed Thread