It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

mickeyluver HB User
Angry my 8yr sons ears

Hi
My sone is now 8yr old and has 4 sets of tubes since 2004. They last about 1 yr and then fall out, as they should. My husband and I are at our wits end with his ears and feel so bad for him...every time they fall out he gets severe ear infections and he is ALWAYS put on 2 different kinds of antibiatics and then they fail and they decide to put another set of tubes in. So...the last 2 months he has been having an ear infection that is getting worse n worse and come to find out after a ct scan it showed that the tube that was on its way out happened to get behind his eardrum and tissue had grown over it and they thought it was a blister thats why the scan was done so they could tell if it was the tube or not. So...needless to say, on the 27th the ENT doc wants to remove the tube and patch the eardrum, and not put another set of tubes in (which is different this time) When ever he DOES NOT have his tubes in, he will have infections and drainage til tubes are put back in. So...ent thinks it is odd that this happens and thinks its allergy. Im thinking, "your crazy lady, its NOT allergys for this to happen just cause his tubes are out" So finally after waiting a month to get in to see the allergy doc for a 3 hr allergy test today and poking him 60 times, the test can back NEGITIVE like mom said would happen. Then they wanted to make sure AGAIN, and do the test over on his arm but just do the test just a little deeper under the skin to see if there is more of a reaction to anything. I said NO!!! If he had a allergy to anything that was tested it would have came up the 1st time on his arm right? So doc says "well since he lives with 2 big dogs and a cat I would like to at least do those one over just in case so we can for sure rule them out since hes with them daily". I said fine go ahead knock ur socks off lol. Sure enough...25 minutes later of waiting...NOTHING!!! Sorry about my long story, but has anyone ever dealt with a set of ears like this befor lol. We are trying to rule all sorts of things out, and the only thing I believe it is is that hes just a kid that will need tubes til he grows outta this. Any advice or suggestion would be great!! Thanks for reading!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

mickeyluver HB User
Re: my 8yr sons ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluver View Post
Hi
My sone is now 8yr old and has 4 sets of tubes since 2004. They last about 1 yr and then fall out, as they should. My husband and I are at our wits end with his ears and feel so bad for him...every time they fall out he gets severe ear infections and he is ALWAYS put on 2 different kinds of antibiatics and then they fail and they decide to put another set of tubes in. So...the last 2 months he has been having an ear infection that is getting worse n worse and come to find out after a ct scan it showed that the tube that was on its way out happened to get behind his eardrum and tissue had grown over it and they thought it was a blister thats why the scan was done so they could tell if it was the tube or not. So...needless to say, on the 27th the ENT doc wants to remove the tube and patch the eardrum, and not put another set of tubes in (which is different this time) When ever he DOES NOT have his tubes in, he will have infections and drainage til tubes are put back in. So...ent thinks it is odd that this happens and thinks its allergy. Im thinking, "your crazy lady, its NOT allergys for this to happen just cause his tubes are out" So finally after waiting a month to get in to see the allergy doc for a 3 hr allergy test today and poking him 60 times, the test can back NEGITIVE like mom said would happen. Then they wanted to make sure AGAIN, and do the test over on his arm but just do the test just a little deeper under the skin to see if there is more of a reaction to anything. I said NO!!! If he had a allergy to anything that was tested it would have came up the 1st time on his arm right? So doc says "well since he lives with 2 big dogs and a cat I would like to at least do those one over just in case so we can for sure rule them out since hes with them daily". I said fine go ahead knock ur socks off lol. Sure enough...25 minutes later of waiting...NOTHING!!! Sorry about my long story, but has anyone ever dealt with a set of ears like this befor lol. We are trying to rule all sorts of things out, and the only thing I believe it is is that hes just a kid that will need tubes til he grows outta this. Any advice or suggestion would be great!! Thanks for reading!!

sorry about the spelling 2nd word into it

Old 09-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
(male)

cally1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluver View Post
Hi

Do you live anywhere near Boston???

If so, I'd suggest scheduling an apt with Dr. Dennis Poe at Ma Eye and Ear - he's one of the nation's top experts in this area.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
(female)

mickeyluver HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cally1 View Post
Do you live anywhere near Boston???

If so, I'd suggest scheduling an apt with Dr. Dennis Poe at Ma Eye and Ear - he's one of the nation's top experts in this area.

Hi!! Oh gosh no!! Just a few miles away....near Detroit!! LOL Thanks for trying to help though!! Im so annoyed....

Closed Thread