It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
(female)

mp508rrgn HB User
That feeling of something stuck in throat

I am 25, Female.

From last month, I am feeling that there is something stuck in my throat, something like a hair or something small.

I am/have-
a non smoker non drinker.
no fatigue
no bad breath
no lump near throat
no stress
no feeling of heartburn or acidity
very little coffee per week
no other symptoms at all - literally nothing.

I met my doctor (family physician) & they thought it is either thyroid or a type of heartburn. They asked me to undergo a blood test & ultrasound. I am waiting for my blood test results but decided to not do throat ultrasound since its way too expensive. Will do it only if nothing helps.

Does anyone here know what it could be? The feeling generally gets worse in night when I lay down on bed to sleep. And somewhat after having lunch as well. Could this be serious? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
(female)

tinaomies HB User
Re: That feeling of something stuck in throat

I have had the same exact feeling for a month exactly. I went to my pcp who sent me for a thyroid uptake. That was apparently normal. I went back to my pcp and she did nothing else for it. Yesterday I called my old pcp I was in there this morning and he said my thyroid is enlarged on the left side. All TSh and T4 have been normal my antibodies are elevated. So tomorrow I am having the ultrasound.

I would not depend on blood work alone. Go get the ultrasound . If insurance is the issue file for Medicaid. Depending on the state you live in they should have a program to help you.

From what I have normal labs do not mean jack. See my other posts for all my other crazy symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
(female)

mp508rrgn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaomies View Post
I have had the same exact feeling for a month exactly. I went to my pcp who sent me for a thyroid uptake. That was apparently normal. I went back to my pcp and she did nothing else for it. Yesterday I called my old pcp I was in there this morning and he said my thyroid is enlarged on the left side. All TSh and T4 have been normal my antibodies are elevated. So tomorrow I am having the ultrasound.

I would not depend on blood work alone. Go get the ultrasound . If insurance is the issue file for Medicaid. Depending on the state you live in they should have a program to help you.

From what I have normal labs do not mean jack. See my other posts for all my other crazy symptoms.
Thanks for info.

How did your PCP tell your thyroid was enlarged on left side? Just by feeling it? I am asking because I don't have any visible lump or enlarged portion on my throat.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
(female)

Ferdy63 HB User

Since it's worse after lunch and at night, it sounds like it could be reflux. Even if you don't have the feeling of heartburn, you could have reflux and it is irritating your throat. Have they checked for that at all? I worked with a woman who had a similar problem. She was actually a bit of a health nut. She worked out every day, never drank anything with caffeine and ate only low-fat foods but she begain having a tickle in her throat and started coughing. She had never had heartburn or indigestion either. After much testing for allergies, asthma, thyroid... you name it, they diagnosed reflux. She started taking one of the acid reducer drugs and elevated the head of her bed and was feeling better within a few weeks.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
(female)

tinaomies HB User

By feeling it. I had nothing visible either. Mine is definitely not reflux. I have never had a problem with reflux or any stomach issues. I had my ultrasound today. If it is not my thyroid then he is sending me to an ENT. Do you have a family history of thyroid issues? My mother, and maternal grandparents are all hypo.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
(female)

Mamapie HB User

Occasionally my throat will get something like I would call a cramp or tightening. Why is this?

Closed Thread