It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
(male)

Cup HB User
Constant Ringing in Left Ear.

Hey everyone, first time poster here, my name is Tom, I'm 18 and from the UK. I was recommended here by a friend, and I'm wondering if anybody could fill me in a little.

As long as I can remember I've had a really quiet ringing in both ears, I could only notice it when there was no other sounds at all, and even then I had to concentrate before I noticed it. My older brother apparantly has the same thing. But starting from about a week ago, I began to notice it a lot more. It wasn't so much that it was louder, I just kept noticing it, like when I was reading. A few days later, I was reading the days newspaper, and I tilted my head to the left a little ( can't quite recall why ), and my left ear popped. At first it felt distinctly odd, like my whole left side was unbalanced, but that went away after a few seconds. Later the same day though I started to hear this ringing, much louder that I used to, just in my left ear. It hasn't gone away since. It's not especially loud as such, but it's loud enough that I can hear it most of the time, even with some outside sound. I've also been feeling nauseous on and off since it started, and I also feel a little light-headed. I've done a small amount of research, and found that there can be numerous causes for this, most commonly Tinnitus, but the fact that it came on so suddenly, as well as the nausea and light-headedness, make me suspect that it could be some kind of ear-infection. I plan on seeing a doctor asap, but any replies by anybody with knowledge or experience of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
Tom.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
(male)

Saints 4 life HB User
Re: Constant Ringing in Left Ear.

I have Tinnitus. It came out of nowhere. One minute I was fine, then the ringing started in my right ear. 2 hours later, I was so dizzy I couldn't walk. It was crazy. Went to the hospital in the morning. They ran all kinds of tests, found nothing. Diagnosed me with Tinnitus. Sent me on my way. Told me there was nothing they could do for me. The first 4 days the ringing was so bad it drove me insane. I had some UGLY thoughts inside my head. The fifth day, the ringing lowered. I'm now used to it. Gotta sleep with the TV on at night and a fan running to drown-out the slight ringing I hear. Now I just hope for the best and one day it just might go away. Best of luck to ya.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
(male)

KCA82 HB User
Re: Constant Ringing in Left Ear.

Acoustic Neuroma is a benign tumor that grows on the nerve leading from your inner ear to your brain(vestibulocochulear nerve) It would cause tinnitus and loss of balance and vertigo(dizziness) Its fairly rare and I doubt its what it is. Kinda an outside-the-box idea. Wish yall the best... God Bless

Closed Thread