It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
(female)

maddena HB User
Unhappy white circle around ear piercing

i put my daughters earring in about a week ago she got them pierced about four months ago and i look at it and noticed that it was swelling so i took it out and there is a white circle around the hole in her ear she is two and didn't display any pain or anything but i cleaned it and it didn't come off and i looked at the back of the earring and there is white stuff on there to so everyone thinks it's corrosion but wouldn't it come off if it was and i was worried that maybe her skin had died and or had started to rot because of lack of oxygen so i took her to the er and he said it was just an infection and gave her meds but it's hard and the color is still there and it's driving me insane so if anyone would like to help i would be grateful

Old 09-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: white circle around ear piercing

Sounds like infection to me as well. Can you mash it and get fluid out (I know that will hurt)? If so, you probably should do that to drain it off. The anitbiotics shoudl help. The skin may be dead from the infection as well and eventually would slough off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread