It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010, 05:03 AM   #1
(female)

galpster HB User
When I bend over ear pressure changes

When I bend over my left ear pressure changes kind of like when you go up in an air plane, there is nothing I can do to change this and it stays this way for a couple of hours. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. I also have trouble hearing out of it during these attacks. I feel like there is cotton in my head. But it's only when I bend over. Any suggestions? The back of my neck has been killing me for a few months I don't know if that has any coorelation.

FYI my sinisuses are fine I don't have a plugged nose, haven't had a cold in months or an ear infection in fact I just went to the doctor and he said my ears are fine. But this is driving me nuts. I do however have lupus, fibromyalgia, DDD, Arthritis, IBS, GERD and TMJ.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
(female)

CALady95661 HB User
Re: When I bend over ear pressure changes

I have had the same problem with feeling like my right ear is plugged after bending over. I vacuumed this morning and the feeling has returned. I have had BPPV off and on for years, and recently was diagnosed with a vestibular disorder. I've tried exercises for BPPV which only make the feeling worse. After the last go round with BPPV in October I still drift to the right when walking. I went to my GP and she suggested I go to a physical therapist for the dizziness and balance problems. I went, but the exercises I was given only exasperated the problem. Last Thursday I was working on a puzzle and suddenly the room was spinning. I couldn't lay my head back on a chair or else the spinning sensation would start again. I sat up with my kitty on my lap that night to sleep. Has anyone ever fully recovered from BPPV or a vestibular disorder?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
(female)

jenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB User
Re: When I bend over ear pressure changes

Galpster, it sounds like some form of eustachian tube dysfunction. You can read here on the forum lots of people's accounts of ETD and what they have done to try to get the tubes to work properly. You can click on my user name and view other threads where I have written extensively of my own battle with the beast.

GERD can cause ETD, as can allergies, colds, and other underlying issues.

TMJ dysfunction can cause ETD-like symptoms (a sensation of clogging/pressure/ear fullness), too, so it is important to seek medical advice and mention all your underlying conditions so that a proper diagnosis is made.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
(female)

CALady95661 HB User
Smile Re: When I bend over ear pressure changes

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I will make an appointment with my GP and mention your comments to her.

Hope this finds you well too.

Closed Thread