It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

atowntaxi HB User
Question 6 year old with feeling of lump in throat

Hello All ! I have been having issues with my 6 year old for 8 months now. It started out with him complaining every once in awhile about a feeling of something being stuck in his throat. I thought tonsils--until I was awoke one morning 5 months ago with him having breathing problems. After a trip to the ER I was told that the x-rays showed an abcess in his throat (mid way down)--thought to be from scratch. After 2 antibiotic shots and a week of oral antibiotics, things started to get better-----but never fully went away. Now a week ago--its all came back AGAIN!! He cant/wont eat hardly anything because he says it gets stuck in his throat. He always has to have a drink in hand, because he says the lump feels like its coming up his throat and almost gets stuck!!! I'm at a loss---not to mention I am freaked out!! Any ideas on what is causing this???

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Feeling of lump or something stuck in throat beecool Ear, Nose & Throat 32 05-06-2012 07:07 AM
Chronic dry mouth, throat and tongue and feeling of lump in throat Margot49 Ear, Nose & Throat 4 09-22-2011 10:05 PM
cant swallow after 2 scopes done and dialations feeling lump in throat,no swallow fee valerie45 Ear, Nose & Throat 0 11-24-2010 02:23 PM
Sudden onset of foreign body feeling in throat/very scary scaredalotz Ear, Nose & Throat 14 06-08-2010 12:13 PM
I have had "lump in throat" sensation for a YEAR! I now believe i have "tonsil... xxmoxiexx Ear, Nose & Throat 4 03-13-2010 09:34 PM

Tags
6 year old, lump in throat, tonsils, trouble eating