It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

leslie615 HB User
Unhappy do i need a tonsillectomy?? sick for 4 months and counting, help please!

Hello all. I am 28 years old. I am hopeing I can get some direction here. I had sudden onset symptoms 09/01/10 including: throat inflammation, trouble breathing, fever, shortness of breath, headache, trouble swallowing, sleeping etc, fatigue, loosing my voice a lot, nasal congestion, tonsils red and swollen about +2/+3 on hypertrophy scale. Chronic lasting 4 months and still ongoing. I'm not sure why a tonsillectomy would not remedy the issue? They are red, swollen, making it hard to breathe and sleep, and have white spots that have not gone away with any of the treatments, my neck is sore and i have post nasal drip. I can't stand it anymore. Feeling like you cant breathe is horrible! The docotors have only been treating symptoms, root cause is yet to be identified. My ENT states my tonsils "don't look that bad" but i dont know what else to do. Treatment includes: Nebulizer q6, bronchodialator, nasal, inhaled, and oral corticosteroids, antihistamine, allergy testing and shots, magic mouthwash, antibiotics and others. Diag testing includes: CT soft tissue neck, chest x-ray, CBC, Spirometry, allergy testing. All clear except allergy test but none of the tratment is helping. I have never had any allergies, especially this severe. I have had history of strep countless times since I A child. Also sinusitis, mono at some point but not now (doctor said i had the antibodies but I never knew i had it?). What else can I do and what could my physicians be overlooking? I really feel like my tonsils need to come out! Thank You all for your time. I appreciate it more than you know.

Last edited by leslie615; 01-05-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: sick for 4 months and counting, help please!

How "bad" does he think they need to be? I'd have them out - I did and it was the best decision I ever made...but I had had problems all my life and finally had them out at 25. I think you need to have a serious discussion with the ENT about it.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
(female)

leslie615 HB User
Re: sick for 4 months and counting, help please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
How "bad" does he think they need to be? I'd have them out - I did and it was the best decision I ever made...but I had had problems all my life and finally had them out at 25. I think you need to have a serious discussion with the ENT about it.
im not sure if there is something else going on? i feel i have had everything else tested and taking meds for so i feel my tonsils are the only thing left to try. i am going to go see a different doctor. thanks for your input!

Closed Thread