It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
(female)

erinq HB User
swollen lymph nodes/neck shoulder pain. please help.

Hi. I am a 23 year old female, and a smoker. I have been smoking for almost 10 years, and recently i noticed that i had a really large bump in my neck, right below my jaw on the left side. I also found one more small bump on my left side, and my shoulder/neck is really stiff. I went to a doctor about 3 months ago, who told me that it was "the way i carry myself"..he said i favored my left side, and therefore fluid got built up in my lymph nodes. I didnt buy it, and found out later that "the way i carry myself" wouldnt have caused lymph node inflimation. i also thought that it may have been my tooth, so i went to a dentist, and he filled some cavitys but said there was no infection. My lymph nodes didnt get better, if anything i feel like they grew a little on my left (they are completly normal on my right side)..and my neck was bothering me so much that i went to another doctor, this time an ear nose and throat docter. he doctor felt my lymph nodes and told me he "saw what i meant"....he looked in my ears and down my throat and couldnt find anything abnormal....then he said i needed to get a blood test and CT scan with contrast. I have done both, but the doctor made an appointment for a month from the day i saw him. I am literaly losing my mind. the fist thought i have in the morning is "omg do i have cancer" and the last thought is the same, and i think about it all day, unable to focus on school or anything else. I feel like I cant enjoy anything anymore because i am so sidetracked with the thought of having cancer. I have a little over 2 weeks till my next appointment, and i am losing it. I called to get my results over the phone and they wouldnt give them to me, and then told me that there were no openings to move my appointment up because the doctor only comes in on thursdays. UGH! i am so scared that i have cancer. it feels stiff and pressured on my left side, and i noticed that my left breast was a little swollen too. PLEASE HELP. sorry ranting so much, i am just scared and angry..that a doctor would worry someone and then make an appointment for a month away, without giving that person the option to call and get their lab results. Dont doctors take an oath to be ethical in practicing medicine? What is ethical about that?? Thank you for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread