It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
(male)

machine7 HB User
throat problem for 5 years now.

Hey, so around 5 years ago I started having this problem in my throat. Looking back to the night when it started there was 2 things that happened that maybe I could of linked it to.

I was eating a bit of chicken, and as I swallowed I noticed it was a bigger mouthful then I thought, and then and there I thought 'lucky no bone was in that part'. A few hours later I was watching a film, and as I was laughing at the film something just 'went'/'popped' in my throat. I got up in a bit of a shock but it seemed to calm down. however a few hours later my throat was giving me big problems, and the next week or 2 were hell. my throat felt as if it was swallowen very badly and I had big problems swalowing. I was in the hospital for a few days, they couldn't find anything that could be causing this, they looked down my throat and couldnt find anything.

After a few weeks it got a bit better, however it never healed comnpletely. I have always had problems swallow since then, my throat gets sore very easily (very rarely I can taste blood), my throat always has a certain sensation in it, a kind of tingly, sensative feeling, almost as if something IS there. Looking to either side makes this more noteable.

I have problems swallowing food also, usually asfter a while of eating and coming to the end of the meal it will get harder to swallow the more I eat. It will sometimes get stuck at the back of my throat and I have to wait a few seconds before I can manage to swallow it.

Maybe another reason could be my tongue, as when I reach back with the tip of my tongue and feel the base of my tongue one side feels very soft and 'fleshy' almsot as if it's disolving.. I also have a weird smell that comes from my tongue.

I have been to the doctors a few times in the 5 years, however I didn't go for nearly 4 years straight untill the otherday, as it has got worse then normal. They have booked me an appointment at the Hospital again.

After 5 years of this, I have little faith in them finding the problems, and little faith of it ever getting better. It is making me quite depressed, it is something that never goes and something that is always there, the second I wake up the the second I fall to sleep.

I kind of got 'used' to living with it till the last 3 weeks or so when it has got a bit worse. But I am just so sick of it. I would do anything to have this problem go away. If I had all the money in the world, I''d give it all away to the person who would solve this.

Could it be a muscle problem?

Could it be my tongue?

Could it be they missed something in my throat?

Anyone out there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread