It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
(male)

velivolus HB User
whooshing sound in ear

I have regular old ringing tinnitus. Now and then I also get a whooshing sound in my ear which will last a few days. I thought this might be related to wax build-up, since I sometimes use earplugs. Last time I had the whooshing it lasted much longer than usual, I'd say about a month. So I finally got one of those ear syringes and went to work. The whooshing remained afterward, but I think finally subsided about a week or so after this. But now it seems I am experiencing the whooshing more frequently, and is now accompanied by feelings of dizziness and nausea, which I never remember having before.

Wondering if any other tinnitus sufferer has had similar symptoms? I know somehow the whooshing must be effecting my equilibrium for the dizziness to occur--I just don't understand why.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
(female)

VA_girl HB User
Re: whooshing sound in ear

I don't get sick to my stomache, but I get the wooshing, pretty much all the time. Especially at night when I move my head or bend down. Sometimes I'll get the other type of tinnitus, but the whooshing is the most prevalent and the worst :-(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
(male)

Ben76251 HB User

I've been dealing with that whooshing sound in my ears too. It's mostly in my left, but sometimes in my right. It is worst at night, and particularily when i'm laying down to go to sleep. It is bad enough to keep me from sleeping. I also get the lightheaded/dizzy feeling.

I've had a bunch of tests done, tried numerous medications, seen numerous doctors, and gone almost broke doing it. I have no answer, but I will let you know if I find one. Please return the favor if you find a solution to your problem.

It seems like everyone on here posts problems, but then we never hear about any solutions. I can't believe that no one has gotten better, or at least I hope to hell that isn't the case.

Good luck!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
(female)

lisa010449 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by velivolus View Post
I have regular old ringing tinnitus. Now and then I also get a whooshing sound in my ear which will last a few days. I thought this might be related to wax build-up, since I sometimes use earplugs. Last time I had the whooshing it lasted much longer than usual, I'd say about a month. So I finally got one of those ear syringes and went to work. The whooshing remained afterward, but I think finally subsided about a week or so after this. But now it seems I am experiencing the whooshing more frequently, and is now accompanied by feelings of dizziness and nausea, which I never remember having before.

Wondering if any other tinnitus sufferer has had similar symptoms? I know somehow the whooshing must be effecting my equilibrium for the dizziness to occur--I just don't understand why.
I had this whooshing sound also. Do you have TMJ? I was in physical therapy for my neck and mentioned this to the therapist. She worked on my jaw muscles and the whooshing disappeared and has not come back. That was 4 months ago. Try massaging your masseter muscle. It worked wonders for me.

Closed Thread