It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
(male)

goleafsgo HB User
Enlarged Submandibular Lymph Nodes

I had an U/S done 6 months ago that showed a 9mm thyroid nodule. At the time I had lymph nodes in my submandibular region at the sizes of 1.8cm x 0.7cm in the right and 1.5cm x 0.6cm in the left.

Just this last week I had a repeat ultrasound. Strangely the thyroid nodule is gone, but the report showed the lymph nodes have grown. Unfortunately the report doesn't say anything about how the nodes look. They just said, unclear if reactive, which doesn't tell me anything. They also recommend followup. They did not say what type of followup. I would like an FNA since they grew, but maybe I am overreacting. I wont see my doctor for another 2 weeks, so I just wanted to see if anybody had any experience with this. Here are my results below...thanks!! :-)

Gland is normal in size and echogenicity. No focal nodule. Slightly prominent lymph nodes within the neck measuring up to 22 x 21 x 9 mm in the right submandibular region and 23 x 15 by 8 mm on the left. Lymph nodes are increased from prior outside report of November 2010.

IMPRESSION:

No evidence for suspicious thyroid nodule.

Slightly prominent nodes within the neck mildly increased from prior. Unclear if these are reactive. Follow-up is recommended.

Last edited by goleafsgo; 03-01-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #2
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User
Re: Enlarged Submandibular Lymph Nodes

Have you had a follow up yet? I hope everything turned out in your favor. Prayers and Thoughts! Perhaps this is just something that is allergy related or GERD related? Perhaps even simple stress and anxiety since one of the nodules said it is gone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread