It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
(female)

jenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB User
Exclamation EarPopper Reviews? Does it work?

I've been dealing with eustachian tube dysfunction problems for about five months now, ever since I flew twice in a day while suffering from a bad cold. My ears constantly feel like they need to be popped. Even driving in my car has become a challenge because the tiny altitude and pressure changes of going up and down small hills causes my ears to go crazy with symptoms!

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried the device called the Ear Popper? It's not inexpensive and it does require a prescription. I can't find any unbiased reviews anywhere on the web, just glowing reviews on the company's website.

Surely someone has purchased the EarPopper and tried it?

Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
(male)

mooraj HB User
Re: EarPopper Reviews? Does it work?

Hi - Did you use this product? I am in the same boat as you. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
(female)

jenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooraj View Post
Hi - Did you use this product? I am in the same boat as you. Thanks!
Hi, my husband bought me one over-the-counter in Canada. I used it faithfully for several months. It does help temporarily blast open the e-tubes when most other measures fail. However, it did not cure my eustachian tube dysfunction. Here I am, 17 months later, and still dealing with intermittent issues. The problem has become more bearable, giving me longer stretches of relief, but every time I think it's gone for good, it comes back briefly. So I wouldn't consider this device a cure-all, just one of the many tools I've found that help in some way to manage symptoms.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
(male)

mooraj HB User

Thank you so much for replying! I flew a few times with an ear infection and I think I must have damaged my ET's. This was in early Feb. The ENT basically told me to wait a few months. Now its June and nothing has changed. Have you flown? What happens when you fly (descent)? Many thanks! I might buy one online.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
(female)

I have flown. I do the Afrin/sudafed/earplanes thing (google "flying with eustachian tube dysfunction"). Then I got bilateral PE tube surgery, so could fly without worrying. One tube is already no good; it lasted 10 mos. I do get bad tinnitus upon landing sometimes, but I fly several times a year regardless.

Closed Thread