It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
(male)

Sunshower1980 HB User
Unhappy Lymph Node I am so Sarred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All,

About 4 months ago, month after my whole blood panel was done, I discovered single lymph node on my neck, about an inch down to my jaw bone. It is about or less than 0.5 cm, rather tender, pea sized node, movable, very slick rotates under the fingers (or maybe skin rotates over it?). You cant see it, no redness, swelling but it is there. The day I found it, I check it with my GP, he couldn't locate it at the beginning.. He said it is noting to worry about because it is small. Then, my anxiety kicked couple weeks ago and I am dying, literally going insane of fear. The node did not get bigger it is there, no symptoms, redness, pain. Lest week I checked with one ENT doctor, who what I've later figured out (I think) did not feel it when he was examining my neck. He said "this is your sumbmandibular gland, they tend to lower when we age, this is nothing to worry about". After the visit I started having flue like symptoms, sinuses, itchy throat.The gland and node are completely different....so he couldn't feel my lymph node. Going completely nuts, panick attacks all the time, I am so afraid about cancer.In next two days I visited another ENT doctor, who said it is a lymph node, but this is nothing to worry about. He said if he would suspect something, he would send me for ultrasound but there is no need for that. He also said that it could be inflamed form my psoriasis i have on my head, razor burn etc, or it just might be like that. He send me home. After vising these doctors, my throat is so sore, my tongue is sore form pulling by the doctor, and my sinus/throat infection/cold/flue starts kicking in, coughing with stuffy nose, itchy chest inside. I also touched my neck played with the node for few days and became enlarged. I barely touch it since yesterday and it went back to my previous stage, still can feel it, tender small ball shape. I can feel it much more when I put my head back. When I position my head straight, it is less feel-able. I also have chronic stuffy nose from the tissue that swells inside. (check by the doctor). I went through very strong cold/flu about 5 months ago, with my sinuses very infected, that I didn't have a time to take care of because of work traveling. I have anxiety, depression and panic attack problem since years. I am under psychologist care, who apparently is about of town for a long time. My life is so hard many times on the edge, worry, scarred, stressed over work, grad school, life, health. etc But I am dying from a fear of cancer, or other deadly disease. Lately, my life started getting back on track, work, relationship etc. I am so afraid that this node is something bad. Is it normal, was it always there??? Please help me understand...

Last edited by Sunshower1980; 06-05-2011 at 12:38 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Sunshower1980:
tinkerbell45 (06-05-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User
Re: Lymph Node I am so Sarred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there! First of all i can tell by reading your post you are obviously VERY scared as you have EVERY right to be. It is your body and you know it like no-one else does.With that being said it could very well be nothing but to satisfy your curiousity(which we ALL have it's only human nature) i would find ONE mone ENT dr and have them to check it out just for YOUR peace of mind.People may think you are being paranoid or going to extremes with this issue but like i said it's YOUR body and clearly you need some answers that YOU can live with to make yourself comfortable with this issue.Best of luck to you!! I hope you will keep me posted on how you are doing.Until Next Time TAKE CARE!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
Sunshower1980 (06-05-2011)
Old 06-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
(male)

Sunshower1980 HB User

Thank You Tinkerbell. I went to one GP and two ENT's. People around me think I am nuts.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #4
(male)

Sunshower1980 HB User

Hi, Tinkerbell. I visited my GP 2 days ago. He said the same thing. My lymph node is of a size of the pea and within normal size. No patology. He didnt want to prescribe antibiotics. I am also suspecting that can be due to my scalp psorisis and sometimes multiple open leasions, bumps that I schratch. I am trying to believe all of that, but you know how hard it is. He ordered full blood panel, thet gives me more anxiety while waiting for results. My last blood was done 11/10 and it was ok.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
(male)

Sunshower1980 HB User

My blood came back ok, no problems. I stopped touching my neck, and the lymph node shrieked a little. However it is still there, small pea sized semi hard. I observed that when I keep my head straight, I feel it less, and it is not that scary. When I right bend my head and touch it, I can feel it much more. How should you evaluate the size, with the neck stretched in the areas, or head straight normal position?

Old 06-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
(male)

Sunshower1980 HB User

Anybody wants to share??????????

Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
(male)

jowooj HB User

hi sunflower. although i dont suffer the same like yours but i have been diagnozed by my ENT of having MASTOIDITIS. i am sending you a message just to let you know that we are both scared of what's going on with out healthy condition.

The following user gives a hug of support to jowooj:
Sunshower1980 (06-26-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #8
(male)

Sunshower1980 HB User

I hope you are fine jowooj. Is there anybody else on this forum who has shotty lymph nodes?

Closed Thread

Tags
cancer, fear of dying, lymph node, lymphoma anxiety, undiagnoised