It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

gottalovemyboys HB User
Lump in Earlobe (graphic picture)

This big lump came up about a year and half ago. It is pretty hard and hurts when I squeeze it. I poked the busted one with a sterilized needle but nothing happened, then it was bugging me so bad so I just held my breath and squeezed as hard as I could and it busted .. I was filled with puss and blood and skin. ick. but now it is coming back! It seems to come back when I mess with it alot. There was a tiny little bubble-feeling lump in there both times and I attempted to sqeeze it to pop it and it started sweeling up to what it is now. Does anyone know what this is and a better way to treat it than just popping when it gets very large? It is in the same place on the same ear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004 (2).jpg (94.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 608.jpg (28.1 KB, 8 views)

Old 07-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Lump in Earlobe (graphic picture)

I really don't think you should be popping it. If blood and pus came out from it then it could be a cyst. Before you get it infected, if it isn't already, I'd have a Dr. look at it preferably a Dermotologist.

Good luck..JJ..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
(female)

gottalovemyboys HB User

Thanks for your reply.
Well, it completely went away after I popped the first one (except for the tiny bubble I could still feel that didnít hurt and could not be seen at all). It has been gone since I popped it a yr and half ago and just came up last week again. I do not have health insurance (donít judge.. I canít afford it) so I do not want to see a dr unless it is absolutely necessary. I was just trying to find someone else who has dealt with this and find out what they did to resolve it. I have seen tons of posts over this type of thing but none with pictures so I am unsure if they are experiencing the same thing as me.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

No judging on the insurance, many folks are in that in same boat. I am very prone to cysts and get them anywhere you can think of just about. Some I can break on my own but some I needed to have done by a DR. Please try and find a clinic or something to go to as they can become infected..one of mine did.

Best of wishes...JJ..

Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #5
(male)

dgmeadows HB User

Having a similar issue, but cannot see the pics. Just joined, so maybe I will get it figured out shortly.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
(male)

hasbrowow HB User

Weird stuff. I think something similar happened to my ear as well. I've been googling info and found this site.

Closed Thread