It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

Mandie30 HB User
Thumbs up After your tonsillectomy when did u start eating noddles?

I am on my 7th day.Yes stage 2.But overall its not that bad.So far about half of the scabs have come off and I do not have the intense pain that some people have gotten when this happens.I wont lie it does hurt,but I use over the counter Tylenol childs liquid,cholreseptic drops and spray.Thats all I have needed so far.Though I did prepare myself in case the pain was unbearable.I got a prescription from my dr for the counter effects of the dizzy and nauceousness that comes with the pian meds I was prescribed.
Now I do get extremely tired still and seem to have a headache alot,but overall its not as bad as some other people experiences.I do eat ensure,applesauce and mashed potatos.Though the mashed potoatos irritate my throat still.But I still eat them because I am desperate for real food(lol) and because I want to slowly get the skin where the scabs came off to toughen up so to speak.I finally realized that it will be a gradual process to being able to eat like normal again.I thought at first that it would be like one day I could eat like I normally did.But as I have gone through this I realized that my throat has to get used to food again.In fact thats one of the reasons why Im posting.For those of you who had this done when did u start eating noodles?And when u did,what day was it?Was it around your day 7?Did the noddles irritate your throat that bad?Im craving noodles and if I make them I plan on putting olive oil on them.I would put oregano on them too but then I realized that oregano is dried leaves and if they got caught in my throat I have a feeling it would not help my cause of getting better.So please let me know.Either way my cravings are so strong right now that I will probably make them anyways today.(Its one of the only things on the list of foods listed that I can eat that I actually like eating when I was able to eat like a normal person.So anyway thanks for the help and for those of you who have not gotten to stage 2 yet,cheer up.Not everyone gets the intense pain!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
(female)

walkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB User
Re: After your tonsillectomy when did u start eating noddles?

When I was five I was eating icy pops the same day. Noodles should be fine. They can not cut open an incision plus the salt might help heal

Closed Thread