It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
(female)

OperaSinger HB User
Adenoid and tonsil removal for opera singers

Does anyone have any personal or anecdotal experience with how getting adenoids and tonsils removed affects the singing voice? I'm a fairly experienced but still young (23) singer who's already starting to develop a career, but I have some serious issues with chronically inflamed adenoids and tonsils that are prone to infection. Were I in any other profession I would just tell my ENT "cut the damn things out!", but given that it's going to undoubtedly affect my resonating space in some way I'd like to have some input from people who've had this done or know someone who's had this done.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
(female)

emf7 HB User
Smile Re: Adenoid and tonsil removal for opera singers

Last year i got my adenoids removed. I want to say that it was the greatest decision i have made to date. Not only do i breathe better, i don't snore anymore when i sleep!! I don't sing professionally at all, but i do enjoy singing once in awhile. I think that, if anything, it made it easier to sing because now i can breathe through my nose! i definitely recommend that you get this surgery!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread