It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
(female)

akanimal HB User
ear pain without infection??

My husband has severe but intermitant ear pain.
it is not an infection, he has been to the doctor, all clear.
but it will be like out of the blue....stabbing and hot pain in the little tab at the front of the ear, but behind and inside, so the little is what you see on the outside.
if he pushes on the lab it will hurt and it is hot, than it leaves.
on and off for a few days here and there , every week for maybe 2-3 years.

when feeling both sides of the face , near the sideburn area toward the skin tab , it seem microscropically swollen or raise compared to other side, he reports this to me.

doctor said ear aches dont come and go and that was that.

he looked and said it looked fine.

but it does not feel fine.

any ideas or input or possible possiblities?

thanks
kat and todd

Old 11-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: ear pain without infection??

Just saw your post. I wanted to tell you I've had a similar problem. I was.diagnosed with arthritis in the left jaw joint which comes and goes. It causes random pain. Just something to consider. All the best to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
(female)

akanimal HB User

THANK YOU, for your reply!
This is something to really take into consideration and I would not have ever considered it!
Thank you, again, very much, I think you just may have , at the very least, given us another avenue to explore.
we were just blank, so I very much appreciate hearing from you

hugs and cheers
Happy Holidays to you!
kat

Old 11-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Kat I'm glad that maybe you can explore that as a possibility. I never dreamed I had that until I had a cat.scan and a Ent tell me so.It leaves for months at a time then wham out comes back. Do you ever get a feeling like it itches way down on there? I feel like a hair is in there tickling me. Not sure of this is part of it. when I first got out I was getting that belong in my temporal artery and it scared me. They said it was from the swelling inside my ear and jaw. Sometimes I have pain sometimes not. it mimicks an ear infection.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
(female)

akanimal HB User

OMG, you have been through a tremendous amount of hardship, sounds!
I I am glad that you experience times without the pain.
I asked hubby and he said it leaves for a long time too, but the feeling is like hot burning pain, maybe like a tooth ache or bad ear infection.
I notices that side of his jaw felt larger or somewhat swollen, but more to feel than eye.
he has bad jaw alignment and was told he would have pain in later life.
We will live with this pain as anything they would do would be medication or really expensive and/or invasive.

best warm regards
kat

Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

kat, my friend was having ear pain for over a month and tried antibiotics. They didn't work and eventually she found out she needed a root canal. Perhaps your husband's pain has something to do with his teeth?

Closed Thread