It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
(female)

MichikoZ HB User
Throat lump driving me half mad :(

I have had this for months, but the last few days it's been getting worse.

I have a sensation of something pressing in on the right hand part of my throat, it's so uncomfortable and scary.
It also feels like a lump, it's constant, I can feel it when I move my head and swallow, eating food is the only thing that eases it.

I have pressure on my Adams apple too so feels like I'm being strangled, this too has slowly gotten worse.

When I swallow I can see another little bum under my adams apple on the right hand side when the adams apple moves up.

I have some hard lymph nodes on the left side of my neck, feels like like knot.

I have lots of odd squishy lumps that i can grab between my fingers on the front of my neck.

I have explained this to my doctor and he said swollen glands, I have a full blood test which came back normal, I have had a thyroid test 4 months ago which was normal.

any idea what this could be?
Seeing the doctor this week but unsure of what to say as I am trying to explain a sensation of a lump

Old 09-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Throat lump driving me half mad :(

I'm not clear from your post exactly where the lump is. If it's under your jaw on either side, that's lymph nodes. If it's under your adams apple, it could be a thyroid nodule. Other things can cause a feeling of a lump in the throat, though, such as acid reflux or swollen tonsils.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
(female)

MichikoZ HB User

The sensation of a lump in my throat is more in the area just above the thyroid slightly on the right hand side.

My tonsils are ago, I'm thinking it's not acid just because it's there all the time, I don't have any issues with swallowing so far.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
(female)

HappyDayz39 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichikoZ View Post
The sensation of a lump in my throat is more in the area just above the thyroid slightly on the right hand side.

My tonsils are ago, I'm thinking it's not acid just because it's there all the time, I don't have any issues with swallowing so far.
Hi, i know it's been awhile since your post but i wondered what the doctor had said? I have exactly the same feeling you described, i'm waiting for appointment with a consultant.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User

See an endocrinologist. He will know what tests to find out this lump issue. The best test they did to find out what mine was, was an ultrasound. Then a few needle biopsies to make sure it was not cancerous. I had grown a shell of calcium around my thyroid. (no I am not a chicken!!) Found I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
(female)

flagirll HB User

This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this right..lol. I just found your post and I too have the lump in my throat when I swallow. I have Hasimotos and nodule that has been biopsied. I've had the nasal endoscopy, upper endoscopy...treated for GERD (have never had symptoms of acid reflex) and medication doesn't relieve the lump sensation when I swallow. You mentioned your lump had calcium when diagnosed? How did Dr. treat and did you get any relief? Any information would be helpful.

Closed Thread