It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
(male)

BitsiLent HB User
Swallowing Difficulty with Palpitations

Please help us..

6 months ago i experienced a mild difficulty of swallowing my own saliva. But truly there are times when during eating i was so careful to swallow my food coz i have already experienced of im almost be choking with my food.

Last May this year, my sis was having difficulty of swallowing saliva and feels like shes choking, dizziness, heart palpitations and a itchy red eyes. being a brother and accompanied her to see a doctor and she did undergone a physical throat exam. she was told to swalow as if to check if there could be traces of masses in her throat but its negative.

She was being refered to psyche physician coz she was having tremors during the exam and did panic. she was diagnosed with Anxiety and prescribed with anti-depressant.

Its been a month since the exam and as if nothing happened. She tried reflexollogy and take some herbal diet caps. According to her she was a bit ok this tym.

Now I was apart from my family since I got a job . Am still tolerating my difficulty of swallowing my own saliva, until one day i experienced a swallowing difficulty and then it triggers my heart to palpitate,, felt so weak and felt like im fainting, my heart is racing.. Im so worried sinced i am just renting a room far apart from my family and i need to cross seas to be with them. I felt i was so weak that tym but stil managed to go to a clinic/doctor. The doctor ask me if i was thinking anything, and he considers it as anxiety. Im not thinking on anything im always a positive thinker and besides it is tolerable for me my swallowing difficulty. Now i was so scared that i so weaked, felt like im fainting all day.. I still go to work,,, the job is important for me since it is the only way i could support my parents and my bro/sis.

The doctor prescribed me Metoprolol Tartrate (Prolol) a Beta Blockers to prevent my heart from palpitations and tachycardia(racing heart beat). He ask me to undergo an ECG work to check for any heart defects. I'll be having ECG by tom. Please help me on this.. I always felt im fainting and im weaked,, fells like i need to burp, vomit.

I have my other sister and also one of my brother feels the same,, please help us,,, i need to know what went wrong with us.. My BP is normal

I tell him the whole thing i experienced,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread