It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
Smile Radio Frequency Nasal Turbinate Reduction Experience

Okay, so thought I'd post my experience here with my recent Radio Frequency Nasal Turbinate Reduction.

So I had mine done yesterday morning. The initial numbing shots weren't too bad, just a slight pinch. Although I was a bit upset they didn't get me numbed all of the way and I could feel pain during the procedure, although it wasn't terrible. She completed the procedure VERY quickly. I'm talking she was finished in less than ten minutes, it was awesome!

So she told me initially I'd actually be more stuffy than before the procedure, but my turbinates were so large I noticed improved breathing on my right side pretty quickly. The left side was indeed worse, but the turbinate was much larger on that side.

I did have some pain following the procedure, mostly some burning. It just basically felt like it was raw in there, which I imagine it really is. Actually the thing that bothered me most was how my nose started running so bad. It was just nonstop for the entire day, and even into today some, and I cannot blow my nose until after a week, so it was just all wiping it away, so raw on the outside of my nose too >.<. I also noted some pain in my face, guessing it was like a referred pain from the nerves and whatnot.

So today, I woke up and was pleasantly surprised that I have absolutely no pain at all on my right side, and just a little still on my left side.

All in all this is a very easy procedure to go through. Now the doctor said it will take 6 weeks to get the full improvement, so I'm very excited!! I'll come back and let you guys know once I've reached that point on how well it did. But I'm already optimistic with the almost immediate improvement on the one side.

Thank you and hope this is helpful

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread