It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
(female)

Sports555 HB User
Burning mouth, tongue, and sores in mouth after eating!

I have no idea what is going on. All I know is my mouth has been burning for a few months now. Sometimes I can't taste food completely either. Then now, whenever I eat, not all the time but many times, I will eat and my mouth and tongue burn like crazy, and I will get tiny white specs/sores on my tongue afterward. I have no clue what is causing this.

Anyone experience this too?

I know it's not burning mouth syndrome because with that, you do not get actual sores. I am getting visible irritation and sores on my tongue.

PS: I have had a white coated tongue for YEARS now. I know I probably have an issue with yeast but having said that, this is not a new thing. The burning mouth/tongue and sores after eating, certainly are!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
(female)

msMarieC HB User
Re: Burning mouth, tongue, and sores in mouth after eating!

This may indeed be caused by thrush, an underlying dental issue, or even diabetes. If it's thrush there are several things you can do. If choosing the natural route, look into a candida diet, probiotics (even gargling with probiotics), oregano oil, coconut oil, pao darco tea, etc. If a doctor diagnosis you with thrush, usually they'll prescribe nystatin. Have you been to the dentist recently? Gingivitis can cause a whole host of mouth issues if tartar and plaque are not debrided from along the gumline. Something else to consider is the possibility that you're a mouth breather during sleep and that your mucosa is irritated from the dryness and thus reacting to food. If that's the issue, you might want to try biotene products that help the mucosa retain moisture and heal (helped me a lot during chemo). Several years ago I suffered similar symptoms--a visit to the dentist, increase in iron, vitamin C and a good B complex helped. Best of luck! I know how frustrating it can be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread