It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

dianajune HB Userdianajune HB Userdianajune HB User
Ear/Sinus trouble? Please advise!

Last night I was sitting at my computer minding my own business, when all of a sudden I started having this pain in the right side of my head. It wasn't severe, but extremely annoying. It was localized to the area just above and behind my right ear, near the jaw joint. It would come and go. When I turned in, I felt much better.

This morning the pain was still there, but not as bad as last evening. So, I used "neti-pot," which my doctor's office recommended a few months ago when I had a similar problem on the other side of my face. I felt better afterwards, but only temporarily. When I thought that all the liquid from neti-pot was drained, I still felt some drainage whenever I leaned over and laid down. Where is that from? Sinus fluid, or the neti-pot solution?

Anyway, I went out today to run a couple of errands and the pain has spread across my forehead. It's still in the side of my face periodically, but for the most part it's across my forehead. I'm not running a fever and just took some vicodin (I'm still recovering from recent surgery) and Klonopin for anxiety.

What do you make of this? Could this be yet another sinus infection? Was it an ear infection that progressed to my sinuses or vice-versa? I'd hate to pester my doctor as I just saw her a few days ago for something else.

I found that when I applied a hot cloth to the side of my face last night and this morning, it seemed to help.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Please respond asap if you can, because I can't take this much longer. If my doctor can't see me tomorrow, I may have to go to the walk-in clinic instead.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. I have had sinus trouble for years, and about 11 years ago I had surgery for a severe sinus infection and a deviated septum.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread