It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
(female)

StayGolden HB User
Exclamation Help!Ear Fullness/popping/clicking for almost a year

Hi,
Almost a year now my ears keep clogging up and I can't pop them when I pinch my nose and swallow they only stop up more. Then they unclog then clog up again. I heard clicking inside my ear...not in my jaw but in my ear. Recently I have had head pressure then a headache for 2 weeks followed by scalp and facial numbness. My ear pulsates sometimes like it will stop up unclog stop up unclog a couple times out the blue. I also feel or maybe hear like a squishy fluid like sound or sensation...but no ear wax was seen. I also have ear pain but without a ear infection. I don't know what is going on. Oh and a couple times before the strange temple headache noises to me were startling and affected me like my babies crying would mess with my ears and my head for about a day or two. Does this happen to anyone or at least close to what anyone may be feeling?? The audiologist said my hearing test looked good and I heard everything. The ENT doc tried to see if I had TMJ but he said no signs of it and no jaw clicking....I don't know what to do..What is wrong with me........Thanks

Old 12-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
(female)

palmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB User
Re: Help!Ear Fullness/popping/clicking for almost a year

I have had the same thing since August. I had an MRI and it showed mastoiditis. It is difficult to clear up. I had a tube put in the left ear and it has helped with the stuffed feeling a little. So far I have had 3 different antibiotic ear drops (which are useless unless you have a tube put in), 3 oral antibiotics, 6 days of prednisone, and 2 audiology exams for hearing loss. Now I am getting ready to test for autoimmune disorders. Keep me posted and we can share information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
(female)

StayGolden HB User

Really..do you have the face numbness too??? and temple aches or just the ear problem? I will have to look up what you have..I have not heard of it before. I have to get a MRI possibly in January if my insurance approves it..I'm soooo scared!! Yes we can definitely keep each other posted. Thank you for replying to my post

*I got tested for Lupus,Scleraderma,Sjrogrens,Lymes..they all came back NORMAL. Now I have to test for MS I have never been so scared

Last edited by StayGolden; 12-20-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
(female)

palmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB User

My diagnosis is Mastoiditis and Eustachian tube disfunction. I also have had TMJ since wisdom tooth surgery when I was a teenager, but I have never dealt with it. The facial numbness is right in front of my ear on my cheek, and the ear itself sometimes also feels numb. Often mastoiditis causes a swelling behind the ear, but mine has not. Hearing in that ear has been affected but I am hoping it will come back if the fluid clears up someday. My mother and sister both had/have autoimmune problems, so I am going to have labs done in January to see if it might be autoimmune ear disease. My ENT thinks it might be considering my family history. There was no ear infection that led up to this. My ear felt stuffed and I asked my primary doc to flush it. They did, but it did not improve. So far the best thing I have had done is to have the grommet (tube) put in. At least it feels equalized. I spend a lot of time reading articles in medical journals trying to find solutions.
I am a nurse, and that is how I deal with things I may try to get a referral to an otologist/neurtologist who special in ears only, unless my bloodwork dictates that a rheumotologist would be a better choice. Hang in there and we will solve this mystery!
Nancy

Closed Thread