It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

HappyDayz39 HB User
Swelling in the front of the neck

For around 8 months i've been experiencing problems with my Neck/Throat, the symptom's have differed over the past month's sometimes i feel like something stuck in my throat, sometimes it feels worse on the left side and then on the right, the symptoms now mainly seem to have settled on the right side, it's uncomfortable but not painful and i have some occasional tingling on the right side of my face, i also have a slight swelling in the front of the neck (in the dip but just to the right) which if i press on it feels very uncomfortable.
The main feeling is like i have something in my neck which is pressing on a nerve and causing the tingling sensation in my face.
About 10 years ago i had the right side of my Thyroid removed so it can't be a nodule or swelling although following a scan they have found another nodule in the left side but the doctor doesn't seem overly concerned and they arn't going to remove it.
Has anyone experienced any problem with muscle tissue in the neck following Thyroid surgery my doctor seems to think it may be muscle but it seems strange to me as it's been 10 years since the surgery and no problems up until now.
I have been given Lansoprazole just incase it's Reflux but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
muscle, reflux, swelling, thyroid