It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
(male)

Jindublin84 HB User
mass behind uvula on wall of throat

Hi All,

About a fortnight ago I had a swelling feeling on the back of my throat, went to the doctor tried a few times of antibiotics seemed to clear up, however ever since then, I've had a lump like feeling on the upper part of the wall of my throat.

It's way above the tonsils. The best way I can describe it is that it is hidden behind the arched tissue of my mouth, just in line with the top of the ulvula height wise but a fraction to the left. it isn't visible when looking at it, because of the fact it's behind the tonsillar arch.

Putting a gloved finger in there I can feel it is like a hard lump behind the arched tissue and on the wall on the back of the throat pretty much right at the top of the back of the wall and i'd say it's about 1cm long and about 0.3cm wide, more bulging and wider in the middle and less at the top and bottom.

Is this anything to be worried about?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
(male)

Jindublin84 HB User
Re: mass behind uvula on wall of throat

Just to say last night I got a bit of blood from it, and this morning the area has gone white, no disgusting taste though so it's not pus. Is it granulation tissue?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread